Thursday 10 October 2013

Product Comparison: Revlon vs Jordana - Balm Stains.


I've been a fan of Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains since they were released in NZ. I own 5 of them and if anyone was to ask I would've recommended them without fail. That was until 2 days ago when I received an order from Beauty Joint, a US site. I had heard little murmurings about the Jordana Twist & Shine Balm Stains, and for US$3.49 I thought they were worth a go. Revlon sells for around NZ$20 depending where you buy them, so I was hopeful for a good dupe!

I wasn't disappointed!

I brought 2 shades, Candied Coral and Tropical Frenzy. It was after trying Tropical Frenzy that I realized it was similar to Revlon's Sweetheart Valentine. 


I found Revlon's Sweetheart Valentine to be a tad unwearable for me, I found the shade didn't look right on me so it had been just sitting around unused. It's a bright pink and can build up to be very very pink! This smells of mint which is nice but undetectable once applied.

Jordana's Tropical Frenzy is a bright pink too but for some reason it actually suits me, even though it is so similar to Revlon's. It has more of a gloss to it and I feel it is more moisturising. The smell of these balm stains is very sweet and makes me reminiscent to my childhood for some reason, I can't pin down what it is but I remember the smell from something! 

They both leave a similar stain too (I swiped a tissue over the swatches)


I have definitely got plans to collect more of Jordana's balm stains, while they only have a few shades they look really nice. 

Cat x


No comments:

Post a Comment