Wednesday 2 April 2014

Chi Chi Cosmetics - A Collective Review

I'm relatively late to the Chi Chi brand, its only in the last few months that I've started to pick up pieces and I am really impressed with the quality of the product. While the packaging in some areas could do with some improvement the actual formulas are brilliant, super pigmented with a wide variety of fun modern colours with quirky names to match.

Chi Chi is an Australia brand, in New Zealand I have only seen them stocked in Farmers but they do have an online store that delivers internationally (but super expensive delivery in my opinion!) Here is their site link. They do not test on animals (only friends and family they state) which is fantastic.

Ok, so I'll start with the eye shadow palette I own.


Its called Sultry and is in a collection of palettes in their 'Glamourous Eye Palette' range, which include others called Nudes, Bronzes, Bases, Classics, Rich Gems, Oasis and Brights. Pretty much covers any type of palette you are after. I should mention, I picked up Bases but ended up passing it on as while it was nice and pigmented, it wasn't really necessary for me, it was an impulse buy and not well thought out. It contained quite a few light 'base' colours which I tend to have in all my other palettes anyway. BUT back to this one Sultry! The swatches taken were achieved just by swiping my finger once, maybe twice for the lighter colours (so they would show for the camera) They are super pigmented and creamy. There is hardly any fall out which is great. This palette has great colours to create a number of different eye looks and the shades are so beautiful and would compliment any skin tone. I love these shadows, There are mattes and shimmers. The shimmers are beautiful, no chunky glitter, they just have a beautiful  sheen to them. The biggest downfall is with the packaging. I find it tacky and ugly. With such great shadows its a shame they couldn't create a nicer package.

Next I have two different lip products, one is a Dramatic Lip Lacquer in Bombshell, and the other is a Creamy Matte Liquid Lipstick.


I had heard so many rave reviews on the matte liquid lipsticks but to be honest when I looked at the range all the bright colours scared me off! So originally i just picked up the Dramatic Lip Lacquer in Bombshell (Dusty pink nude brown) as i had a lipstick in a similar shade which is a great nude for me. But last time i was in Farmers, I was feeling extremely brave and picked out what must be their brightest shade (but probably isn't) in She's Not Me which is described as raspberry.

The matte lipstick is super pigmented, long lasting and smells yummy! It doesn't actually dry completely matte. If you were to compare it to Limecrime Velvetines or Australis Velourlips it doesn't come anywhere near as matte as those. Which suits me as I don't care for either of those products. One swipe of this delivers enough colour and product to your lips while not being difficult to apply. I personally find the Velvetines a nightmare to apply so this was a pleasant experience after dealing with those! It is super creamy and tends to stay that way on your lips, it doesn't dry out. Because of this you do get a little bit of transfer but i'm not bothered by this, i see this as more of a liquid lipstick (not a matte) so treat it as such.

The Dramatic Lip Lacquer is also super pigmented as you can see by the swatch. It is long lasting too but not as much as the matte one. Overall I love them both and will be purchasing more colours!

And lastly the lipsticks!


I only have four *sadface* but do plan on purchasing more! The formulas are great! Long lasting, non drying, super pigmented. The packaging is really pretty and unique. I do find that while the packaging is pretty you can get a dodgy one, my first and favorite shade fall apart as soon as i took it out of its box. But i stuck it back together and haven't had a problem so far, but i keep this in mind when i have it in my bag.

I apologize for my photos being out of order to the swatches, I took the swatches on a different day. I've been finding it hard to sit down and blog (hence some months since my last post) but going by the swatches left to right: Hot Stuff (Soft Orange Coral) which is a cream formula. Social Climber (rosy beige nude) in a matte formula. Sex Bomb (dusty mauve nude) my favourite in a matte formula, and lastly Lady Bump which is a vampy bright purple berry colour in a matte formula.

I want to mention that I also own a lip pencil in Fly Girl, its really really good and I need to buy more colours! Its in a retractable pencil style and the formula is so easy to work with, it's a nice and creamy pencil but is long lasting making it a dream to work with.

So overall I haven't been disappointed in any of my Chi Chi purchases. They are reasonable prices, i wouldn't say very affordable but Farmers do have sales often so that is the best time to purchase if in NZ. Online they are definitely better priced but that delivery fee is a bit shocking.

Have a great day!
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment