Thursday 3 April 2014

Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Swatches and Review

Last week I received an exciting package in the mail. I had been waiting 3 weeks for it to arrive so i was quick to rip it open!


I had ordered 12 eyeshadow pans and a Z palette from Makeup Geek. They were created by blogger (Simply Marlena) and YouTuber, Marlena. I had seen various reviews floating around on YouTube and they were all wonderful.  I have been wanting to put together a custom palette, these being cheaper then MAC shadows I decided to give them a go. The site also sells the Z palette, this is the large which cost US$20 and fits 27 Makeup Geek pans. They have various sizes (and colors) including a 4 pan which could be handy when travelling. I love this one as it can hold a few brushes, its sturdy and the magnetic closure is very secure. 

Starting with 12 shadows, I have already decided I need more and have created a wish list for my next order! The site makes it really easy to pick your shadows as they have swatches (a lot are swatched next to their MAC dupe) and they are very true to color in real life. I have only got some neutral colors but there are all kinds of beautiful colors available (63 shades in total).



They are creamy, pigmented and longlasting. I usually need a primer with my shadows but have found these amazing as they last even on my unprimed lids! The shimmery shades are gorgeous, no chunky glitter and minimal, if any, fall out. They blend like a dream too. I seriously can not fault these.

Here are some swatches that don't really do them justice, but I only have an iphone 4S camera :(



My standout favorites would be hard to pick, but so far I've been using Taupe Notch and Shimma Shimma alot. Burlesque is SUPER pigmented and beautiful. Corrupt is a brilliantly pigmented black that has been so useful to press into my lash line. Latte is probably one I'm finding a little hard to work with, but its handy to have a matte light brown for the crease line.

Delivery to NZ was very affordable too at US$14 for my 12 shadows and palette. The shadows are US$5.99 each. They have a startup kit available with 9 shadows for US$49.99 (no Z palette) or a complete startup kit in a 9 shadow Z palette for US$61.99 or there is a Ultimate kit for US$159.99, which could be a brilliant birthday present for a make up fanatic!

I hope you are all having a great day
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment