Tuesday 3 June 2014

Favourite Brushes

I'm a big believer that your tools are a major factor in how well your makeup turns out. So I thought I'd show a few of my favourite buys... so far! I have only tried Real Techniques, Sigma, Sedona Lace and Jessup but this is about my favourites thus far. I look forward to discovering new favourites! Below is how my brushes are at the moment. I store all my RT brushes together, Sigma Kabuki's together and then all the smaller brushes (mainly eye brushes) together. My Jessup's are currently hanging out together too. Then I have a holder for my dirty brushes. This isn't an ideal set up but it's doing the job at the moment!

My current brush selection and storage

First up shouldn't be a surprise!

Sigma Flat Kabuki

Sigma Flat Top Kabuki is probably the most raved about Sigma brush. I brought the Kabuki set and to be fair they are all as good as this but this brush seems to blend foundation in flawlessly and quickly. I was amazed the first time I tried it. 

Real Techniques Kabuki Brush

Real Techniques Kabuki brush is my most used powder brush. I don't think it's anything special but out of all my brushes this is my favourite to apply pressed powder to set my makeup. I tend to roll it across my skin as to not move the foundation and it just seems to do the job easily. It also opens up and creats a wide flat fan brush (sort of) I'm not totally sure why this is and I've never needed to use it that way but it is handy when drying after cleaning. Out of all my favourite brushes this is probably cleaned least but seems to be showing signs of wear which is sad. 

Real Techniques Blush Brush

By far my most favourite brush for applying blush would be the Real Techniques Blush Brush. This seems to apply the perfect amount of blush. I dab the ends into the blush then use the sides to blend it in. Works a treat. I never feel i've applied too much with this brush which is always my worst fear! I've tried a few of my other brushes but I always wish I had stuck to this one! 

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

A more affordable brush for foundation is the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Its as good as the Sigma but is slightly smaller so takes a bit more work to blend. Out of all RT brushes this is a must have in my opinion!

Sigma Eyeliner and Small Angle brushes.

I can't decide which is my favourite for applying gel liner, both these Sigma brushes makes the job a breeze. The Eyeliner is the perfect size for a thin line. I find all other liner brushes I've tried are that bit too big. The Small Angle is also the smallest angle brush I've tried and is just as easy as the Eyeliner to achieve a great wing or just a thin liner across the lash line. MUST HAVES!!

Jessup Pencil Brush and Jesup Blender Brush.

I haven't had my eBay Jessup brushes long so haven't tried the whole set out properly yet but so far these 2 have been clear favourites. The pencil brush is a lot better then my Sigma Pencil brush as its quite firm. Plus I'm a huge fan of synthetic brushes. The Blending brush does a fantastic job too and has been my most reached for.

So these are just a few of my favourites. I could easily list quite a few more but these are the ones I'd be quite guttered to lose! 

I hope your all having a great day! 
Cat



No comments:

Post a Comment