Thursday 5 June 2014

Lady In Red

With summer well and truly out the door I've been crazy for red lips. I seem to be accumulating a few red lipsticks so thought I'd show my collection. If I had one tip for anyone when it comes to rocking a bright lip is prep! Exfoliate your lips with a sugar scrub and moisturise with a balm before applying. For sharp lines a lip pencil is great and cleaning lines with a small brush and concealer is also something you can do. I like to apply a layer and then blot with a tissue, then add another layer. Also popping your finger in your mouth will remove any lipstick from your lips that can get on your teeth.

Limecrime Glamour 101

Limecrime Glamour 101

Glamour 101  is a dark classic red, it's a semi matte product so is quite long lasting. It's definitely a favourite. I find most of the Limecrime lipsticks to be out of my comfort zone and just not very flattering on my colouring but this is a winner for me.

Limecrime Glamour 101

MAC Ruby Woo

M.A.C Ruby Woo


MAC Ruby Woo is an ultra matte lippy, it's horrible to apply as its so dry, but once you manage to it's really long lasting and stunning. It's quite a bright true red and makes your teeth look super white!

MAC Ruby Woo

Limecrime Red Velvet Velvetine

Limecrim Red Velvet Velvetine


Limecrime's Red Velvet is another bright red. I personally am not a fan of its formula. I find it hard to apply, you need to wipe a lot of product off as a little goes a very long way and if too much is applied it takes a while to dry. I'm guaranteed to get it all over my teeth while applying... I'm useless! But once on and dry it won't budge. It's a very matte formula. Its another red that will make your teeth look sparkling white!

Limecrime Red Velvet Velvetine

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Standout 

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Standout


Revlon Matte Balm in Standout is my most worn red. It's long lasting, easy to apply and overall a great product! It is matte but not drying and is easy to reapply during the day. It lasts thru most eating and will only need a few touch ups.

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Standout

A few others that I have but are not favourites for various reasons are:

NYX Butter Lipstick in Juju

NYX Butter Lipstick in Juju

NYX Butter Lipstick in Juju is a lighter red. It's not as long wearing as previously mentioned lipsticks as it's more of a creamy formula. It's still a lovely product just not my most reached for as I need to reapply more often. It is great though if you want a more creamy lipstick. Its also a lot more affordable then the other brands!

NYX Butter Lipstick in Juju

NYX Butter Lipstick in Mary Jane

NYX Butter Lipstick in Mary Jane

Darker then Juju is NYX Butter Lipstick in Mary Jane. It's a great colour but as with the other Butter Lipstick, it's not as long lasting being a creamy formula. It is very pigmented and easy to apply. I recommend using a lip pencil with these creamier formulas to get longer and tidier wear.

NYX Butter Lipstick in Mary Jane


Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in F-Bomb

Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in F-Bomb

This product is by far my least favourite. While super pigmented it's glossy formula is a nightmare as I end up with red everywhere! Very overpriced red gloss in a pencil applicator. Its one lip product I truly regret buying. 

Do you have a favourite red lipstick??

I hope you are all having a great day!
Cat











2 comments:

  1. OMGGGG you must be a true lady-in-red. Such a fantastic review/swatch! I personally like matte red so revlon Matte balm is my go-to. But really love to try the urban decay one too <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post - you're so lucky that you suit cool and warm reds, both look incredible on you. Even though you aren't a massive fan of Limecrime's Velvetine it looks sooooooooooooooooooo pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete