Sunday 4 May 2014

Chi Chi Creamy Matte Liquid Lipsticks

From top: Man Eater, She's Not Me, Wild Child, Drama Queen and Flirt.

I'm a huge fan of the Australian brand Chi Chi. Recently I brought 4 more shades of their Creamy Matte Liquid Lipsticks as I'd already had 1 that impressed me. These are creamy and long lasting, not really matte in my opinion but I like them as they are. They are super pigmented! The dark shades leave a pretty impressive stain on your lips too!

I thought I'd share some swatches of the ones I have. I have swatched them on my arm as well as on the lips. Please excuse the messy application. 

Swatches done in natural light, no flash.

From top left: Man Eater, Flirt, Drama Queen, Wild Child and She's Not Me.

Man Eater is described as a watermelon pink. It is very bright and fun.
Flirt is a pinky beige nude, I really like it even though I find nudes really hard to find that suit me. Drama Queen is described as berry, its quite purple and very on trend for New Zealand and Australia's coming winter.
Wild Child is described as a warm rosey brown. It's my least favourite, while most Chi Chi colours feel young and fun, this one doesn't inspire me. May be different on a different skin tone?
She's Not Me is described as raspberry and is very bright and fun. It looks quite magenta pink to me.

The Chi Chi website has recently been upgraded and while they always provided worldwide shipping it is now cheaper for New Zealanders. Beforehand it cost AUD$35 which, in my opinion, defeated any purpose of buying direct. Now they only charge AUD$15 and if you spend over AUD$75 you will get free shipping. My order arrived in just over a week but may have taken longer as Easter happened. It arrived nicely packaged in a bright pink box which was an awesome touch.

Of course if your in NZ you can also purchase from Farmers who hold specials all the time. I preferrred doing it online as my local Farmers are always out of stock and to be honest, are a bit of a mess! (don't you hate that?)

I hope you are all having a great day! 
Cat



No comments:

Post a Comment