Wednesday 7 May 2014

Highlighter Swatch and Review

I'm a fan of a dewy highlighted look and tend to gravitate towards anything that can achieve this look. Whether it's primer, foundation or highlighting powders or creams, if it says it's luminizing it will catch my eye.

So I thought I'd swatch some of my stash of highlighers.

MAC Soft n Gentle, TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer and Stila All Over Shimmer Duo in Kitten.

Open pans in natural light.

TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer is by far the most in your face highlighter here, it's something I don't tend to wear much especially during the day. It is very pretty though and works beautifully on your eyelids too. It's a very nice formula with no chunky glitters and glides into your skin beautifully. I think I purchased my Mary Lou-Manizer from Feel Unique many moons ago. You get a lot of product for your buck! 

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft n Gentle is a new purchase of mine. I always heard a lot about this product and was so keen to get it. I was surprised to find it's not actually that soft n gentle! You need such a light hand with this product. I'm very keen to try Lightscapade from MAC as I've heard it's a more subtle glow which is what I was after. But with a very light hand you can create a very nice delicate glow... But it can easily get out of hand! I brought my Soft n Gentle direct from MAC Cosmetics in the US using Shipito to get it to me in NZ. I highly recommend this as MAC is so over priced in NZ and its safer to buy direct from a company then risk fakes. 

Stila All Over Shimmer Duo in Kitten is a nice little product, it has the light pink shimmer on the left and then the shade 'Kitten' on the right which is a darker, bronzy champagne highlighter. Kitten is gorgeous on a tan in summer. The pink shade is probably the most subtle out of all of these. The products are very buttery but for the price you don't get a whole lot of product compared to the others. These also work really nice on your eyelids. I brought my Stila from Beauty Bay who ship to NZ for free.


Swatches taken in natural light. Stila All Over Shimmer Duo (mind the typo in pic) has the shade Kitten 2nd from the bottom. 

Hopefully this guide/swatch helps you if you are contemplating any of these highlights.


I hope you are all having a great day :)
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment